Senior Specialist/Technician – This position will assist, coordinate, and/or manage control conversions/upgrades and will perform technical product support for equipment that has been installed, upgraded and/or optimized.
This position will be an addition to the Siemens Support Operations Center to provision a large customer building energy optimization program. Primarily pertaining to Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) & control programming initiatives.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Responsibilities Deployment - Priority 1
- Running reports - require program and point data definition reports and program files. For customer review and determine what information should be exposed to application implementation.
- Expose points from control application servers using the BACnet server option.
- Export data via file format and route to appropriate personnel.
- Building connections issues
- Troubleshooting the facility after it is connected to ensure data integrity.
- Coordination with customer and its vendors when applicable.
- Coordination with field personnel
- Required coordination during and after a building connection is upgraded to a network.
- Assist with the download of files for locations that are stand alone.
- Point Data Structure - Renaming of control point names. Part of deployments.
- Creating control graphics – part of migrating to a server
- Projects – Program machine learning sequences, addition of point data, graphic importation
- Post Deployment-related – Priority 2
- Standardizing program and point names
- Coordination of lease equipment for existing standalone facilities with locally own machines.
- Temperature Sensor calibration
- Application fault reduction
*PLEASE NOTE* - Initially this position will require office training and customer interaction however eventually the position will be able to work remotely part of the time. (60/40 Office/Remote)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
• Required travel: 10%
• Required experience: 3 to 5 years of Calibration experience - for example, but not limited to, Signal Generator, Multi-Meter, Balometer, etc.
• Other requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Adobe PDF
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
• Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
• Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
• Must be able to use hand-tools.
• Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
• Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
• Preferred experience: Troubleshooting of building automation systems.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
• Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
• Competitive compensation.
• Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
• All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
• Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
• Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.