Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Technical Lead, Computer Vision
Job Location: Tarrytown, NY
We are looking for an experienced and motivated project and technical leader for the development of complex sub-systems for implementation into laboratory diagnostic instrumentation. The position is expected to provide technical and project leadership within the sub-system development group for a specific technology area covering (but not limited to) electrical, vision systems, sensors, artificial intelligence, and optical engineering. This position reports directly to the Director, Detector Sub-System Development in the Siemens Healthineers Laboratory Diagnostics Global Engineering Organization.
The Technical Lead/Asset Owner (AO) is expected to lead the design, development, and integration of electro-mechanical sub-systems for clinical diagnostic analyzers. The incumbent will lead the technical team with members from various engineering disciplines. The Lead will be responsible for all performance aspects of a defined instrument sub-system, and will have to deliver fully characterized results ready for system integration. The role will work closely with other AO’s, the lead system integration engineer, and the Chief Engineer. The Lead will be responsible for driving continuity, commonality, and a common approach to new sub-system designs across different instruments and modules through the implementation of the set based design and design to shelf methodology. The Lead must possess a strong understanding of the Agile product development process in an FDA Regulated Environment, from concept to commercialization. The Lead must be able to communicate detailed concepts to team members and be able to focus the team on priorities and drive designs to keep on schedule, ensure quality, and support launch and service.
Specific areas of skills include but are not limited to:
- Electrical Engineering
- Optical Engineering (Illumination, Detection, etc.)
- Fluidics and fluid interfaces including mixers, and manifolds
- Cameras and Optics
- Firmware/Software Interfaces
- Barcode Technologies
- Image Analysis
- Reliability Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or Software)
- Familiarity with electrical engineering design, analysis and simulation
- Familiarity with optical engineering design, analysis and simulation
- Barcode Scanning
- Image Analysis
- Ability to deep dive into technical issues and provide technical leadership
- Exhibited leadership and accountability
- Multi-disciplinary engineering team leadership
- Cross-functional team membership including service
- Project management experience for complex systems
- Regulated industry experience (FDA, Automotive, Industrial, etc.)
- Experience transferring product to manufacturing
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence AI
- Six Sigma methodologies like DFSS, set based design and platform development concepts like design to shelf will be desirable
- Understanding or expertise in analysis and modeling tools like Finite Element, CFD, and others will be helpful
- Experience with in-vitro chemistry analyzer design and development would be desirable
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 for our U.S. employees, contractors, and business partners, where local conditions allow, who:
1) Are customer-facing (e.g., those required to visit a customer/business partner site or interact in-person with customers at any conference or meeting) OR
2) Come on-site, whether regularly or occasionally, at any Siemens Healthineers location.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.