Job Title: Scrum Master-SISW-256682Job Category: Engineering
The Scrum Master is accountable for being a servant leader for 1 or more feature teams within a Scrum Agile software development process. Team resources are located both locally and remote and involve a mix of Siemens and contract hires. Feature teams are comprised of a mix of cross functional resources including Development, QA, Documentation and Automation engineering. The individual is expected to perform all responsibilities as a Scrum Master as defined within a Scrum Agile methodology. In addition to primarily guiding feature teams, the Scrum Master will also work together with other Scrum Masters within the organization to form a Community of Practice. Responsibilities Provides servant leadership to 1 or more cross-functional teams in an Agile work environment. Teams consist of both local and remote members.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Facilitates prescribed iterative events including: Release/sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews.
- Works to assist and guide team(s) to improve their individual agile practices.
- Resolves team impediments. Works with Product Owners and SMEs to help facilitate backlog prioritization, decomposition, release and sprint planning.
- Works with other organizational Scrum Masters to implement a community of practice to help improve Agile methodology across the team. in order to get the team(s) to a high performing level.
- Works with other Scrum Masters to facilitate overall retrospectives across the organization or portfolio.
- Works with organization leadership to identify and implement sessions and events to further enhance organization understanding and improvement of practices around Agile.
- Willingness to work outside a normal daily schedule to facilitate remote team members across different time zones
- Required skills, knowledge and experience Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related science is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years practical Scrum Master experience in a software development environment that has been practicing an Agile framework.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills. Has a good knowledge of: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Estimation, User Story Map, User Story Splitting/Decomposition, Sprint burndown, Iteration, Incremental Development, Continuous Improvement, Team Metrics.
- A strong advocate and practitioner of Agile methodologies and practices. Willingness to engage with teams, product owners, subject matter experts, to resolve conflicts arising during sprint execution.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) is a must for effective day to day communication and facilitating Scrum ceremonies.
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Familiarity with Agile at Scale: LeSS, SaFE, etc.
- Familiarity with Camstar/Opcenter Execution Core products.
- Familiarity with the following tools: Microsoft TFS, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Confluence. Understanding of normal software development practices involved with the design, development, testing, packaging, release, and sustaining of complex software systems.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.