This position reports to the Branch General Manager and works with branch sales staff to achieve Detroit Branch order intake targets.
We are hiring a strategic project / smart building Business Development Manager for Metro Detroit & West Michigan, the position will act as the Branch strategic leader in all aspects of developing, selling, and implementing digital smart building solutions. The BDM works as an integral member of the branch team, which includes sales and operations managers, account executives, project engineers, project developers and project managers. Your focus will be on some of the largest most prominent projects/ customers in Michigan. You will lead and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow! Come join our diverse team of highly skilled professionals!
We are seeking someone in Business Development or Sales in Building Automation, Construction, Mechanical Engineering, or General Contracting this job could be a fit for you!
What will you do?
- Develop and lead strategic project pursuit
- Work within Siemens internal and external ecosystem to improve customer focuses use-cases
- Builds and manages Branch business and tier relationship development strategies
- Tracks and reports running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone leadership
- Engage accurate HQ & Zone resources as the need arises for project development
- Proactively position Siemens as a technology and energy partner with general contractors, consultants, and end-users and will work in close collaboration with Zone Integration and Network Engineer team
What will you need to succeed?
- Mechanical, Electrical, Information Technology or General Engineering Degree is helpful
- Technical proficiency, expertise knowledge related to Smart Buildings and structures
- 5+ years of relevant industry work experience
- MS Office Knowledge, skills, or expertise including sophisticated presentation skills
- Proven Customer Relationship Management Experience
- Required amount of local metro travel is 30-40% and the Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- The main objective of this role is to achieve Branch solutions order and gross margin targets and achieve smart building order intake target
- Migrate existing customer base to smart automation of buildings
- Lead tier construction market approach utilizing smart building, IoT and ecosystem solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects/ accounts
- Educate Branch sales and operations teams to optimally sell and execute smart building solutions and provide mentorship to branch sales management on strategic project acquisition
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Deliver strategic mentorship and leadership and provide project specific presentations
- Improve and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
- BS/BA in engineering or related subject area, or advanced degree, preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales/ business development and operations experience
- General knowledge of IT / OT/ LV systems, converged networks, and cybersecurity
- A strong consultative technical approach to understanding customer needs and communicating solutions that seek their project / business use-cases.
- Industry certifications such as LEED, PMP, CEM, etc.
What we offer you: Full Health/Life/Vison & Dental benefits, a company matching 401K, Flexible vacation time, paid sick time and paid company holiday, company profit sharing and an inclusive culture.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.