Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development.
Join our team as “Software Engineer Linux/BSP (m/f/d)” in Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany.
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by
- Definition of complex architectures and configurations for embedded BSP software layers
- Product requirement analysis, breakdown and implementation
- Device driver development, configuration, optimization and support
- Design and implementation of low-level SW components for Linux Kernel and Middleware stacks
- Deep knowledge and experience in Video4Linux
- Support of software integration (CI/CD), testing and failure/performance analysis
Your qualifications - meaningful and adequate
- MS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
- 5+ years of Linux development experience in a comparable position in embedded systems
- Strong background in the design and development of low-level SW components for Linux
- Experience with the upstream Linux Kernel community processes and requirements, including upstream Kernel patch submissions
- Strong technical background in embedded system software development and state of the art ARM SoCs
- Experience in embedded architecture and complex multicore and multiprocessor systems
- Strong team player with good leadership, communication, presentation, and social skills
What more do I need to know?
Siemens EDA is one of the top tier suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation industry and part of Siemens DI. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time