Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Our customers are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with the vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. The solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. The company specializes in highly optimized in-vehicle solutions, focused in the area of BSP, audio, graphics, video and networking.
For the Automotive Business Unit (ABU) in our Munich office we are looking for an Internship (m/f/d) – Software Development for Setup of a TSN test bed and performance evaluation with respect to a conventional solution for audio/video streaming.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Determine the requirements for a suitable HW platform (nodes, network interfaces, switches, etc.)
- Setup of time synchronization via PTP (IEEE1588 or IEEE802.1AS)
- Configuration of a suitable traffic shaping (Linux traffic control subsystem) Implementation of a client/server application for audio/video streaming with and without the use of AVB/TSN.
- Analysis and comparison of key performance metrics of the two approaches such as CPU load, network bandwidth, etc.
- Investigation of the extensibility of the concept to wireless networks.
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- You are currently enrolled in a university, preferably in computer science or electrical engineering with focus on communication systems
- You already have some linux and network knowledge
- You already have some knowledge in C/C++
- Basics in GStreamer are a plus
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time