Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
We're investing to accelerate our momentum and we're looking to grow our APJ team. If you constantly strive for excellence, are passionate about innovation, and want to work with a collaborative, energetic team - then Mendix is for you.
The South Korea region is an exciting market and has been identified as one of Mendix’s significant business growth areas. As it is a new market for Mendix, the opportunity for a good career growth path is substantial, as the business you develop grows.
As the Mendix Sales Director in Korea, you will build and lead a team of sellers who engage with the largest enterprise customers and prospects across various industry segments. You will be responsible for managing a team of Account Executives and lead the Korea based Mendix Pre-sales Specialists, Customer Success Managers, Business Development Reps, to deliver significant growth in your region by focusing on pipeline generation, working at the senior executive levels driving demand generation, and building and owning your ecosystem of customers, partners, industry influencers, and prospects.
As an experienced Sales Director, you will have the ability to focus on building pipeline high growth business franchise, while working with an extended team (primarily Siemens Digital Industry Software, Channels Team, Customer Success Managers and Services teams) to achieve high growth metrics. You will also absorb and analyze feedback from the market and communicate that back to the product team to help drive the product roadmap.
To succeed, it is expected that you would need to collaborate closely with the Siemens Digital Industry Software organization, leveraging (and augmenting) the business infrastructure that is already in place in the organization.
You'll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- 15 years in demonstrated sales leadership (including management of a sales team) in SaaS or PaaS enterprise software with a proven track-record of consistently exceeding annual team quotas and performance targets
- You follow a proven, repeatable process to achieve your success and have leveraged your process to overachieve in multiple roles
- Proven track record of building and managing enterprise and strategic sales teams
- Experience of having successfully sold into enterprises in the FSI sector would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer executive relationships at the highest levels
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and strategies
- Strong orientation to team communication and collaboration
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce to maintain aa current and accurate pipeline
- High Energy and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree or international equivalent
What you’ll experience at Mendix:
- We consider our people as people – not as “assets”
- We’re focused on results – not on “boxes” and “rules”
- We’re all unique and we want you to be yourself
- We celebrate success as a team
- We care about personal and professional development
- A journey of a lifetime on our way to the top
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
- We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
- We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
- We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
- We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
- We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
- We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
- We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code. With opportunity, existing clientele, and Asia being the largest market for Siemens, an important next step for growth is to establish a direct presence in APAC, with its regional HQ based in Singapore.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time