As a Cyber Security and Smart Grid Consulting Services Business Developer, you will be responsible to engage and secure new business for our Critical Infrastructure Practice & Energy Business Advisory, part of the Power Technologies International business segment within Siemens Smart Infrastructure. Our core offerings include services ranging from consulting/professional services to managed security services including Security Operations as enabled through our Cyber Defense Centre, inclusive of security and consulting services for smart grids, energy companies, utilities, and industrials. We address the future requirements of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the convergence/emergence of pure Digital Technology systems.
The core responsibilities of the Business Developer will be to generate and lead all sales related activities for our Critical Infrastructure Protection (Cyber Security) and our Energy Business Advisory (Consulting) segments for Siemens Canada in the USA market. The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills and abilities to collaborate while being the primary contact for prospective and current clients and partners. The candidate has dynamic presentation skills and has exceptional communications skills. This is an exciting permanent opportunity for an innovative, talented, self-starter and energetic person to join a practice that is experiencing significant growth and momentum. The candidate will reside in the USA and be able to travel across country, as needed.
- Lead the process to find new prospective clients in the Cyber Security and Smart Grid Consultancy environment to secure opportunities leveraging our service offerings
- Perform Cold Calls to develop a strong pipeline of potential customers while entertaining frequent dialogue with prospective clients
- Engage in strategic dialogue with existing customers which to expand their relationship through security
- Arrange client/prospect meetings and follow up on opportunities involving the necessary internal team members as needed
- Manage responses to request for proposals (RFP) and request for quotations (RFQ)
- Lead customer facing interaction and help develop statement of work as required
- Work closely with internal management team to collaborate and execute plans to succeed and close net new business
- Lead onsite workshops with client executives, and contribute to the identification and elaboration of customer business linking existing services and innovations in cyber security environment among others
- Work closely with the department Leads to understand the business trends, and service offerings
- Establish connection with existing customer to strengthen trust and develop subsequent opportunities
- Maintain and update sales opportunities in tracking systems (Salesforce)
- Ongoing client support and other related tasks as assigned
- Closely collaborate with the team to ensure development of portfolio to meet the market demands
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ overall experience as a Sales/business development specialist
- University degree in related discipline or substantial relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the Cyber Security field and Managed Security Services is a definite asset
- Knowledge of electricity utility, energy industry & Smart Grid
- Show proven leadership abilities around proactively owning and focusing on growing order intake
- Experience using Salesforce to track sales activities is an asset
- Strong negotiations skill is a definite asset
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Additional languages of French/German/ Spanish would be considered an asset
- 25% of domestic and minimal international travel will be required (when safe to travel)
* This is a remote position. The BDM can live anywhere in the US with access to a major airport.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.