Software Development Engineer
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development site located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven is expanding its business and looking for new talents to join.
Join us now at Siemens Healthineers as Software Development Engineer to work together with our multidisciplinary teams developing point-of-care medical diagnostics solutions. As platform team we are developing a handheld blood analysis device that enables near patient blood testing in the acute care setting. The analysis software is developed using C#/.NET Core and is deployed on a Linux target device. Next to that the team is also responsible for the service and configuration application and several other tools that make up the platform. The platform is developed together with our development centers in USA, Slovakia and India. In our team we are looking for a Software Development Engineer who enjoys project management activities next to software development.
• Development of analyzer platform software and verification activities including code reviews, troubleshooting, defect identification and defect fix process.
• Creation of software project documentation according to Siemens quality processes such as the software development plan
• Securing the team’s progress by managing deliverables from external suppliers.
• Guide the team to ensure that all software deliverables meet the Siemens quality process requirements.
• You chair the Software Incident Review Board.
• Serve as a liaison between Program / Product Managers and the team for project related matters.
• Participate in scrum team activities, effort estimation, planning and daily standup.
• This position includes the opportunity to fulfill the role as Scrum Master in the analyzer platform team
We are looking for:
• MSc or BSc degree in Computer Science.
• At least 4+ years of experience in software development, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
• C#/.NET Core or similar software development experience.
• At least 2+ years of experience in software project management and Product Creation Processes working according to quality standards for medical device development (ISO 13485; IEC62304)
• Proven experience with working in Agile teams. Experience as a Scrum Master is highly valued.
• Self-disciplined to get the job done.
• Affinity for managing and supporting internationally off-shored software projects.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
• Team-player with excellent communication and technical skills in multi-disciplinary environments.
• Pro-active attitude with a can-do mentality.
• A diverse position within a multinational company
• Working in multidisciplinary teams towards meaningful innovation
• Room for own initiatives
• Flexibility in working hours
• Attractive primary and secondary benefits
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.