>>Desired locations include Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle<<
Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We are hiring a strategic project / smart building business development manager for the Pacific Zone. The position will act as the Zone strategic leader in all aspects of developing, selling, and implementing digital smart building solutions. The BDM works in close collaboration with the branch team, includes sales and operations manager, account executives, project engineers, project developers and project managers. Your focus will be on some of the largest most prominent projects/ customers in the Pacific Zone, you will lead and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow! Come join our dynamic team of highly skilled professionals.
- Develop and lead strategic project pursuit
- Work within Siemens internal and external ecosystem to enhance customer focuses use-cases
- Creates and manages Zone business and tier relationship development strategies
- Tracks and reports running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone leadership
- Engage proper HQ resources as required for project development
- Proactively position Siemens as a technology and energy partner with general contractors, consultants, and end-users
- Works in close collaboration with Zone integration and network engineer team
The main objective of this role is to achieve Zone solutions order and gross margin targets.
- Achieve smart building order intake target
- Migrate existing customer base to smart building solutions
- Lead tier construction market approach in zone utilizing smart building, IoT and ecosystem solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects/ accounts.
- Educate Zone sales and operations teams to successfully sell and execute smart building solutions
- Provide guidance to branch sales management on strategic project acquisition
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Provide project specific strategic guidance and leadership
- Provide project specific presentations
- Enhance and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
This position reports to the Head of Smart Buildings and works with Zone management on a dotted line basis to achieve zone order intake targets.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they a granted a medical or religious exemption
- High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam required.
- Mechanical, Electrical or Information Technology Engineering Degree is preferred
- Technical proficiency
- Industry/business acumen
- 5 years of industry related work experience
- MS Office Knowledge, skills, or expertise including advanced presentation skills
- Customer Relationship Management Experience
- Required amount of travel is 50%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
The list of preferred qualifications are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- BS/BA in engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, preferred. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 5-10 years of sales/ business development and operations experience
- General knowledge of IT/OT/ LV systems, converged networks and cybersecurity
- A strong consultative technical approach to understanding customer needs and communicating solutions that solve their project/ business use-cases.
- Industry certifications such as LEED, PMP, CEM, etc.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.