Data plays a meaningful role in the future of mobility. Our Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) group has been at the forefront of turning data into solutions since our groundbreaking work with roadside units (RSUs). Today, ITS is a significant partner in U.S. Department of Transportation-funded connected vehicle (CV) projects across the country, and our big-data solutions are reshaping the mobility operating system. Offering advanced traffic management systems and traffic controllers, we help to balance an efficient road network, integrated fleet management, and end-user-centric multimodal transportation. In addition, our solutions are making transportation infrastructure more intelligent – capable of predicting and self-correcting mobility challenges in real-time.
We are looking to hire a Street Light Technician for gorgeous Sarasota, FL - someone who is responsible for the installation and preventative maintenance of street lights and troubleshooting of streetlight problems, in addition to project work such as LED lighting retrofits. The street light technician works independently and as part of a team to provide optimum service levels to agency customers.Responsibilities
- Maintain, repair, and install all types of street lighting and circuitry
- Perform routine maintenance as required
- Perform LED replacements
- Perform other duties as needed by area supervisor
- 1-3+ years recent, verifiable experience as a street light maintenance technician or construction groundsman
- Experience performing aerial work from a bucket truck is required
- Excellent electrical troubleshooting experience is a must
- Experience working with the Acuity ROAM system is highly desirable
- Must be team-oriented and customer-focused
- Must have a valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
- Must be able and willing to work at heights typically associated with the repair, installation, and maintenance of traffic signals and streetlights.
- Must be able to pass a DOT (Dept. of Transportation) physical exam and drug test
- Must be able to lift 60 – 70 pounds of materials and equipment
- Work Zone Safety Certification (Maintenance of Traffic) and/or IMSA certification highly desired!
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Street Light Technician, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!#LI-AW1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.