At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
SaaS Application Support Engineer
This position will provide front line support for DI SW new Cloud/SaaS products and work with all other internal teams to resolve various customer reported issues. This person will also help integrate these new products into our existing systems and processes.
The Application Support Engineer will work within the Cloud Technical Support (CTS) team under the Siemens Digital Industries Global Customer Success and Support organization (GCSS). This position will provide first line support to our Cloud and SaaS customers, ensuring their issues are resolved and/or routed to the right teams for resolution. This position will also work closely with the Technical and Product teams to improve the customer experience.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Work within global processes across all product lines to provide front line support to Cloud and SaaS customer issues. Investigate reported Cloud product problems, replicate customer issues, and determine how to troubleshoot issues or where to route those tickets for resolution.
- Coordinate with other Product Support segments inside GCSS to resolve customer reported product issues.
- Coordinate with other business, technical, and administrative functions in Siemens Digital Industries Software to resolve various customer issues. This could include Operations, Digital Store, Security and Authentication, Legal, and Sales.
- Coordinate with the Customer Success Managers, Customer Experience, Support Center, and Analytics teams inside of GCSS to provide feedback on Support process and areas for product improvement.
- Create knowledge base and process documentation to improve our customer’s self-support capabilities and improve our internal processes. This will also include contributions to our digital adoption platforms.
- Work with minimal supervision on complex issues with ability to make independent judgment and discretion. Coordinate within a large organization, navigating across product and organizational groups to resolve SaaS/Cloud customer issues.
Skills or Experience that would enable the candidate to be successful include:
- A customer focused technical support professional with a passion to engage customers in solving their issues and helping them succeed.
- Cross-functional coordination with teams inside and outside our organization to improve customer experience and solve various Cloud/SaaS Support issues – including Product R&D, Customer Success, Customer Experience, Support Tools, Training, Sales, Digital Store, Legal, Operations, and Security.
- Product development, documentation, or digital adoption platform that is focused on improving the customer’s product or support experience.
- A developed approach to troubleshooting customer and technical issues – not only following pre-defined checklists but helping drive the process for new technical issues.
- Application development focused on internal tools and team efficiency.
- An inquisitive mind, willingness to learn, and ability to fail fast to keep progress moving forward.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience minimum in customer facing technical support or technical consultancy role.
- Prior Cloud/SaaS product Support is required.
- Relevant proficiency in Cloud and SaaS industry. On the product side with data collection, data storage, analytics, and application development. Experience with low code application platforms like Mendix a plus. On the business and operational side with cross functional coordination in a SaaS organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
*Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.