Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven HR experience to join our team in Hingham, MA. As the HR Generalist for our Russelectric business segment, you will support an hourly and salaried workforce of approximately 350 employees across two sites – Hingham, MA, and Broken Arrow, OK. You will balance the operational priorities of a production environment with a solid business focus, bringing insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise. You will consult with and influence business leaders to take actions on emerging people related topics; translate business requirements into human capital imperatives and utilize the full value chain of HR to derive relevant HR solutions to meet the evolving needs of the business. In addition, you will play a key role in orchestrating and facilitating changes to organizational culture, design, and structure. You will report to the HR Business Partner Head for Smart Infrastructure US.What are your responsibilities?
- Understand the business and its strategy and be an active member of the site leadership team.
- Along with site management, drive actions to maintain an environment of positive employee relations.
- Coach and guide managers and frontline supervisors on organizational topics.
- Resolve routine operational issues and engage Employee Relations team on more complex issues and investigations.
- Partner with HR Operations team on topics including counseling, coaching and conflict resolution.
- In conjunction with business, manage labor resources; identify needs and make recommendations.
- Drive strategic workforce planning to ensure availability of skilled resources to meet future business requirements.
- Serve as the liaison between business, talent acquisition and managed staffing providers to support resource needs.
- Conduct annual wage analysis and prepare hourly wage proposal to attract and retain employees.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop & implement key initiatives to improve operational performance with keen focus on change management.
- Maintain a pulse on the overall organization and share with leadership as deemed appropriate.
- Drive a culture of ownership by empowering employees to fully utilize available self-service resources and tools.
- Identify needs for change management and champion related activities.
- Drive discussions related to workforce and organization design changes and provide recommendations.
- Coach and enable local business to develop a diverse, robust talent pipeline considering innovative and progressive options.
- Guide the business on the appropriate HR programs, processes, and policies based on the business environment / strategy.
- Consult with managers on implementing organizational changes.
- Actively participate in interviews and selection process for key roles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6 plus years of human resources generalist experience demonstrating a solid understanding of multiple subject areas including employee relations, performance management, and management consultation.
- Prior work experience with an hourly work force in a manufacturing or distribution environment is preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinks strategically and recognizes when it's necessary to dig into details.
- Connects the dots and effectively enlists support/expertise from the broader HR & business ecosystem.
- Anticipates broader impact of decisions/actions.
- Uses data and information to make recommendations and influence decision making.
- Acts with confidence and is comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Displays a growth mindset and solicits feedback.
- Must be flexible, self-directed, and able to interact effectively with employees at all levels.
- 10% domestic travel associated with this position (post Covid)
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Human Resources
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.