Siemens is a global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare, and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability. To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than hundreds of thousands of people of Siemens. And maybe just like you.
We are looking for a backend software engineer who will contribute to products and solutions for the variety of domains where Siemens is active, e. g. energy, industry and financials solving challenges to incorporate new functionality, achieve improved performance, reliability and best in class quality.
What are responsibilities?
• Backend software development of enterprise web apps in C# (.NET Core MVC, partly Web Forms)
• Software architecture design & implementation
• Backend development for Siemens industrial platforms (like WinCC OA): implementation of additional modules, configuration and customization using C# and Visual Studio
• Improve scalability, stability, accuracy and performance of the applications
• Close work with domain experts (energy, industry, finance) to solve technical challenges
• Work in a team using agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban
• Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team
What are requirements?
• Commercial experience in webapp development (C#) with complicated business logic (3+ years)
• Commercial experience with MS SQL Server (queries, stored procedures, design and optimization)
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Experience with TFS, Git/GitLab
• Ready to solve challenging problems without detailed specification
• Readiness to integrate your solutions with legacy code
• Ready to work both in a team and individually
• Ability to switch between different tasks
• Interest in new technology trends
• Upper intermediate English
Would be beneficial:
• Experience with Postgres, InfluxDb, FireBird, MySQL
• Experience with PLC, SCADA, industry automation
• Experience with Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure
• Experience with:
o Linux environment, bash scripting
o Java 8/11, Kotlin, Spring/Camel/Hibernate
o Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
o Cassandra, MongoDB, Couchbase
o Spark, Flink, Samza
• Knowledge in machine learning/data mining/signal processing/AI
• Contribution to journals/blogs/professional community resources
What else should I know?
• Full time position
• Corporate medical insurance
• Corporate pension program
• Corporate trainings
• Fitness compensation
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!