Large Drive Applications (LDA) within the Portfolio Companies stands for future-proof automation technology, drive technology, industrial software as well as services and digitalization based on innovative technology platforms worldwide.
What part will you play?
- In your new role, you will be responsible for technical consulting and architecture as well as administration of our COMOS platforms created for national and international projects in the mining and cement sectors.
- You will monitor and coordinate activities related to the maintenance and administration of COMOS databases and servers
- You will manage the development of new features as well as necessary improvements to existing functionalities and lead the experts involved.
- Using your expertise as a COMOS administrator, you discuss and gather stakeholders and project requirements to guide the necessary adjustments/solutions.
- As a consultant, you will support and participate in the technical concepts, customer data model definitions, system architectures, specifications and costings of proposals and projects that are negotiated with customers together with sales and project managers.
- Working closely with sales and international engineering departments, you will also proactively drive COMOS implementations of large and complex projects and define the best interfaces to other systems.
- You will coach project team members in their responsibility for adherence to the established data model and ensure data quality and organization in the databases.
- The basis of your success is a completed Bachelor's or Master's degree (or diploma) in the field of automation technology, computer science or information technology.
- Building on this, you will convince with more than many years of experience as a COMOS administrator and software architect.
- In addition, you have completed the corresponding courses (COMOS Admin I, II, III) and have been involved in various projects.
- You have extensive knowledge of the COMOS database, its interfaces to third-party systems and their modules (EIC, PID, PQM, PAA, Walkinside, MRO, etc.).
- You have experience in working in internationally staffed and cross-location teams as well as in an agile environment
- You are confident with programming languages such as VB, C#, etc. and ideally you also have knowledge of mining and cement, alternatively knowledge of the process industry
- Your assertive personality with very good moderation skills in an international environment distinguishes you, as well as your excellent technical understanding combined with a "hands-on" mentality
- Your methodical approach as well as a systematic and independent way of working will also convince us.
- You are performance-oriented, able to work under pressure and score points with strong teamwork and communication skills in English (and ideally also Spanish).
- Your general willingness to travel worldwide (<20%) completes your profile.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time