The Mechanical System Engineering Manager reports to the Director of Mechanical Engineering in Sacramento California. You will be responsible for mechanical system engineering activities related to rail vehicle structural design, Articulation systems, Gangways, Clearances, and Couplers.
The primary objective of this role is to lead the applicable engineering effort for customized versions of the current product portfolio capitalizing in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements. This role will perform cost optimization of current products as well as new development programs.
- Lead a team of engineers creating products and deliverables required in rail vehicle development
- Be a direct input to design packages ensuring all systems are fully integrated into the vehicles
- Responsible for mechanical system integration including customer requirements, mutually scope of work documents and liaise with various engineering COC's
- Responsible for compilation of the Specifications, CDRL's and Design Review Documentation
- Specify technical requirements and liaise across departments providing clarity as required
- Act as the technical representative and lead in customer design meetings
- Have a working knowledge in all responsible systems to ensure business continuity
- Provide technical mentorship to personnel reporting to you
- Responsible for personnel reporting to you, including accountability, performance, and growth
- Ensure personnel have adequate tools (software, computers, etc) and skillsets necessary to perform daily work at an expert level
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with management to ensure business needs are maintained
- Responsible to ensure that schedules are met for all deliverables and across all projects
- Prepare engineering estimates for customer change orders and future proposal work
- Manage the budgets for your group
- Support the procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty cycles
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Rolling Stock experience, minimum of 10 years
- Working knowledge of structural welding codes including AWS, EN15085, DVS1608 and 1612
- Working knowledge of typical railway Light Rail and Heavy Rail design standards such as AAR Section M, APTA, PRIIA, and EN12663
- Working knowledge of Finite Element analysis as applicable to structural design including static, quasi-static, dynamic, and fatigue assessment methodologies
- In dept knowledge of material science and the applicability with structural analysis and welding
- System Engineering experience with projects from start to finish of the Engineering, procurement, manufacturing, testing and warranty, minimum 5 years
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Rolling Stock Engineering experience and the vehicle platforms they are derived from.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.