Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Siemens Canada is looking for a motivated and self-driven individual with Internal Controls and IT experience to help us support our internal control system in Canada, as well as help create and drive tasks within our Risk and Internal Control (RIC) function, which has a responsibility of establishing an Internal Control environment in accordance with Siemens Risk and Internal Control (RIC) methodology.
The Internal Controls Lead is responsible for ensuring the company maintains strong internal controls and good governance practices through an effective Risk and Internal Control program. This position will act as a Risk and Internal Control Lead for some Businesses and Corporate Departments within Siemens Canada. This candidate will contribute to the planning, documenting, reviewing, assessing, and remediating the internal controls in accordance with the internal Risk internal controls guidelines. In this role you will be working on regional internal control topics relating to the Assurance function within Canada and coordinate with Head Quarters relating to Risk and Internal Control matters. The right candidate will be reporting into the Head of RIC in Canada.
What will you do?
Regional responsibilities are as follows
- Take ownership in managing and driving the internal controls system for select business units and support functions for Siemens Canada, including analysis of control requirements and control documentation along with Governance Owners.
- Engage in continuous improvement and efficiency projects relating to internal control processes with focus on increasing efficiency and maintaining the level of assurance.
- Participate in drafting effective policies, procedures, processes and controls necessary to be compliant with the overall Governance Program of the organization
- Work with Governance Owners to facilitate and drive the deficiency remediation process addressing the root cause of weaknesses with a strong focus on a timely but also sustainable remediation.
- Impact analyses of ineffective key controls regarding their relevance for Entity Reporting and guidance on the formulation of remediation measures and monitoring their correct and timely implementation
- Support local businesses with the development general principles / methodology / assessment approach for ICFR relevant Controls to be incorporated ensuring proper outsourcing, bundling of controls, and organizing effective workshops and trainings
- Support in IT Special Topics (e.g. Smart Close/Runbook/Robot Process Automation/Cloud Solutions)
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or related field. Advanced degree or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA) an asset
- Minimum 3 years business experience with 2 years experience in an internal controls environment preferable. Experience in accounting, IT or audit role an asset
- Solid understanding of internal controls and internal audit practices. Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting.
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proven ability to prepare and present information to all management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments, achieve deadlines and deliver quality results within a team environment
- Strong focus on efficiency and process improvement
- Creative, thinks “outside the box”
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with teammates, key stakeholders, and business and functional experts and influence decision outcomes
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Ability to program macros (or other tools) as well as ability to automate processes through tools a plus.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.