Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Yunex Traffic (formerly Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation, combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow's needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service - we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
We seek to hire an ATMS/Traffic Operations Support Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. We invite you to be a part of our state-of-the-art ATMS operations team during its implementation, commissioning, and operation phase, including some nighttime hours, possibly some on-call availability. This role requires applying professional engineering best practices in the ITS industry, communication skills, and a solid background in traffic and transportation engineering. You will be working directly with our client at their site throughout this long-term project.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- At least three (3) years of experience in traffic signal operations working with an ATMS system
- Ability to communicate complex issues in plain language verbally and in writing in the English language
- Relevant work experience would include ITS information and communication technologies such as traffic signal monitoring and detection systems.
- Experience with Siemens' traffic control portfolio (2070 controller series, roadside units, etc.) as well as standard detection systems
- IMSA Level 2 certification is preferred
- Support and oversee the ATMS integration and operation of traffic signals in the Traffic Management Center
- Review traffic signal timings and make the necessary changes
- Program traffic signal controllers to download/upload and modify signal timing plans
- Provide local testing of new databases and validate operations in the field
- Monitor and troubleshoot traffic signal operations and adjust signal timing remotely
- Provide timing expertise and optimize adaptive settings
- Perform independent investigations of written concerns raised from internal and external sources regarding traffic signal operations, and respond within correspondence guidelines
- Perform corridor analysis, program, and manage adaptive system corridors
- Develop training/development plans and conduct training/transfer of knowledge to customer staff
- Develop and implement testing exercises with TMC personnel
- Participate in developing policy and strategic plans
- Perform testing, configuration, and commissioning services for all deployed technologies
- Prepare and maintain operations manuals and procedures
- Document potential issues and identify the root cause
- Assisting in the resolution of support tickets relating to traffic management hardware and software issues, resolve issues and track to completion
- Contribute to requirements, configuration, and change management
- Ensure proper filing/storage of documentation - e.g., drawings, assets, logs, procedures
- Identify risks and opportunities and act accordingly
- Report on the progress of the activities
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming our Traffic Operations Support Engineer, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.