Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Responsibility for planning / coordination and execution of testing projects according to test requestor requirements worldwide on customer sites
• Performing the requested measurements worldwide (travel ~ 20% to 30%)
• Support testing & validation team with Programming of in-house & commercial measurement & validation software/codes and working with meta and testing data (see below list of programming skill/experience required)
• Project management of validation and testing projects of Gas/Steam Turbine and Generator Engineering organization and Siemens Energy Service
• Clarification of testing scope and recommendation of instrumentation to meet requirements
• Securing compliance with Siemens internal Testing processes
• Requests and reviews instrumentation drawings
• Coordinate data acquisition during testing
• Commissioning of instrumentation and corresponding data acquisition
• Collecting test data during the entire test operation (several weeks)
• Evaluation of the test data and transmission to engineering
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical/Aerospace or similar domain engineering graduate/Postgraduate from recognized college/university
• More than 6 years of experience in gas turbine testing & validation project planning and execution according to test requestor requirements on customer sites
• expert knowledge about diverse measurement techniques and data acquisition systems (analogue and digital)
• Willingness & experience in travelling and performing measurements at various customer sites; anticipated travel ~20% to 50%.
• Knowledge of operation of gas/ steam turbines and generators and the different types of machines within Siemens Energy
• Expert knowledge in Programming (as listed below) skill and experience in working with meta and testing data:
o Strong background as a Visual Basic Developer
o Good background as a Python Developer
o Programming of analysis tools with Matlab, Labview and VB.net
o Ability to understand existing code
o Data science and software engineering experience
o Experience with Databases
o Good, confident programmer
General competencies required:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including good presentation skills.
• perseverance, individual initiative and fast decision-making ability
• analytical ability, strategic thinking, performance and results-oriented
• customer orientation, communication ability, capacity for teamwork, mentoring, motivation
• Self-Reliant and Fast leaner. Intercultural experience/sensitivity.
• Promotes a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected and valued.
• Puts our customers first and has their success in mind; drives results to create a long-term vision for Siemens.
• Acts as an owner of our company, with a passion to win and deliver exceptional results through continuous improvement.
• Collaborates across organizations and acts in Siemens’ best interest to deliver better solutions.
• Communicates openly and honestly without compromise, shares successes and failures.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time