Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Branch Operations Manager, you will be responsible to independently lead and manage the project management team on the installation of the Building Management System as defined below. You will work closely with sponsors, process owners and subject matter experts to develop and deploy required implementation plans and tools, establish metrics and improvement targets, drive and monitor effectiveness of solutions; work with project managers to manage resources within each project's triple constraints of scope, schedule and budget. This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career as a Construction Manager!
Location - This role will be based remotely in the Ottawa Valley covering the following areas: Petawawa, Sudbury, Pembroke, North Bay
- Project on-site presence in the Ottawa Valley area (approx. 75-90%)
- Supervise, support, and mentor on company’s established project management methodologies and tools.
- Support project management team in developing project execution plan, detailed project schedules, incorporating critical timelines from construction requirements including work breakdown, structure, work package, and resource planning to achieve the defined milestones.
- Support and create project quality control (QC) plans with Project Quality and Project Managers.
- Attend monthly project review meetings with project leads.
- Attend and support Sales team in pre-tender cost reviews and sales strategies to optimize pre-tender savings.
- Support project technical teams through various stages including planning estimating, execution, installation, start-up, commissioning, project closing.
- Profitably manage and support department project portfolio.
- Support entire Building Automation Construction team in productivity initiatives.
- Ensure all work adheres to the company safety rules/statutory regulations/customer requirements; Adhere to the Health and Safety at Work Act at all times; Maintain current knowledge of regulatory laws, changes and requirements; Attain appropriate certification for divisional requirements.
What will you need to succeed?
- 3-5 years of demonstrated project management experience in external client facing on Building Management System is required.
- A professional, technical or college diploma in Building Mechanics, Industrial Electronics Instrumentation and Control, or in a related area
- Good understanding on Canadian building codes, construction and environmental regulations.
- Experience with MS Project, and other Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with construction drawings and practices is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with stake-holders.
- Ability to travel to off-site project locations.
- Flexible to work longer hours, on weekends/holidays, if required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under time constraints and is able to adapt to change easily
- Self-motivated and good time management skills; calm under pressure
- Valid Driver’s Licence in good standing
- Position requires additional security clearance for customer site
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.