Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Installation and commissioning of measuring systems and sensors at and in generators
• Execution and evaluation of Partial Discharge, End Winding Vibration, Flux Probe and other measurements
• Documentation work like reports, technical drawings, manuals and CE documentation.
• Performing the requested measurements worldwide (travel ~ 40% to 70%)
• Support testing & validation team with Programming of in-house & commercial measurement & validation software/codes and working with meta and testing data (see below list of programming skill/experience required)
• Project management of validation and testing projects
• Coordinate data acquisition during testing
• Commissioning of instrumentation and corresponding data acquisition
• Collecting test data during the entire test operation (several weeks)
• Evaluation of the test data and transmission to engineering
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Electrical engineering graduate/Postgraduate from recognized college/university
• More than 6 years of experience & Knowledge of generators and related diagnostic measurements
• Ability to become an authorized electrician for working in high voltage areas
• Expert knowledge about diverse measurement techniques and data acquisition systems (analogue and digital)
• Willingness & experience in travelling and performing diagnostics & measurements at various customer sites; anticipated travel ~40% to 70%.
• Knowledge of operation of generators and the different types of machines within Siemens Energy
• Expert knowledge in Programming (as listed below) skill and experience in working with meta and testing data:
o Strong background as a Visual Basic Developer
o Good background as a Python Developer
o Ability to understand existing code
o Data science and software engineering experience
o Experience with Databases
o Good, confident programmer
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including good presentation skills.
• perseverance, individual initiative and fast decision-making ability
• analytical ability, strategic thinking, performance and results-oriented
• customer orientation, communication ability, capacity for teamwork, mentoring, motivation
• Self-Reliant and Fast leaner. Intercultural experience/sensitivity.
• Promotes a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected and valued.
• Puts our customers first and has their success in mind; drives results to create a long-term vision for Siemens.
• Acts as an owner of our company, with a passion to win and deliver exceptional results through continuous improvement.
• Collaborates across organizations and acts in Siemens’ best interest to deliver better solutions.
• Communicates openly and honestly without compromise, shares successes and failures.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time