Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
The engineer in this position should support the service engineering of steam turbine components. The scope of responsibility covers engineering response to field issues and customer / sales enquiries, engineering studies & fleet solutions and Performance Maintenance R&D projects. This position will also provide opportunity to support service engineering of power plant components like bearings, Valves and auxiliary equipment.
- Engineering study and service design of steam turbine components.
- This role is not limited to a specific skill in turbine engineering, but extends to knowledge and experience in all domains of turbine design (CTE/BLE/CTM/CTR/THD and MVD).
- Development of turbine repair methods and Field and operational trouble shooting.
- Support field service and customer in forced outage recovery programs, root cause investigations and life time extension studies.
- Supports global engineering network, involves experts in reviews, discuss solutions, incorporates feedback.
- Development and release for Field Implementation of all product definition documents including graphics, bill of materials, and product manufacture process requirements.
- Engineer shall also have understanding of thermodynamic and mechanical calculation towards design and assessment of steam turbine components.
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s/ Master's degree in engineering or related technical field
- 10 to 15 years of engineering experience, preferably in Steam Turbine or Gas Turbine design.
- Ability to work independently with clarity on scope and responsibility.
- Ability to interface directly with customer, field, factory personnel and management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to make quick, informed decisions on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple field issues / projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with steam turbine products or repair methods for major components a plus.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time