Safety, Health & Environmental Manager - Utilities
Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting a Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Manager to help us find solutions to make the world a smarter place for tomorrow. This role will be the main SHE contact on circa £40 million projects over 2-3 years with 5 year frameworks in the pipeline. This role will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Safety, Health and Environment Management system to satisfy Clients specific requirements, Statutory Regulations and the Siemens Health and Safety policies.
The role is home based in Frimley with frequent travel to site required.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future thinker? Read on
In this role the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Safety, Health and Environment Management system to satisfy Clients specific requirements, Statutory Regulations and the Siemens Health and Safety policies.
• Line management of SHE advisors.
• Ensure effective communication with the project team and all internal and external parties involved in any phase of the project for all HSE matters.
• Produce detailed Health and Safety plans and ensure a thorough understanding of the strategies and procedures.
• Implement and maintain all Health and Safety systems required to ensure full compliance with Customer specific requirements and all current Health and Safety & Environmental legislation and regulations.
• Implement process and training to drive zero accidents and incidents throughout the life of the project.
• Production of the Project Health and Safety and Environmental Plans.
• Implement and manage the incident reporting process ensuring full compliance by all team members and other parties working under Siemens management.
• Review all Health and Safety plans and processes with the client to ensure alignment and harmonization of best practice.
• Maintain Safety, Health and Environment document control process.
• Provide regular Safety, Health and Environment reports to the Senior Management.
• Ensure Safety, Health and Environment audit plans are in place and being followed.
• Take the lead on incident/accident investigations and ensure actions are closed out and implemented.
We are looking for super minds, with the following experience:
• Proven ability to implement and maintain full Safety, Health and Environment reporting, monitoring and control.
• Ability to interpret client’s criteria and produce fully compliant documentation and reporting tools.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Experience of working within operations teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, Suppliers and customers.
• Shall possess a minimum of one of the items listed below.
• Academic Qualification to National Diploma or equivalent.
• NEBOSH General Certificate
• Diploma or NVQ4 Occupational Safety & Health
• Construction and Design Management Regulations
• IEMA, Environmental Management
Additional desired qualifications.
• ISO 14001, ISO 9001, SHEA Gas, BESC & Person, First Aid at Work
• Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time