Sr. Human Factors Engineer/User Experience Lead – Point of Care
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Sr. Human Factors Engineer/User Experience Lead – Point of Care
This is role is well-suited
to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As a Sr. Human Factors Engineer/User Experience Lead
– Point of Care you
will be responsible for:
- Being the subject matter expert and technical leader in human factors engineering responsible for lifecycle application of human factors design process, principles, analysis, and usability testing methods.
- Leading product definition for new products and platforms by applying “systems thinking”, user centered design & development methodologies.
- Leading user and customer research activities to identify user needs/requirements and translating those findings, insights into design solutions.
- Driving decision making on product features and functionality by collaborating with various functions such as Regulatory, Marketing, Service, Quality, and other functions within R&D.
- Supporting design and development of user interfaces working with UX designers, software developers. Supporting creation of technical documentation for products such as User manuals, IFUs and Quick Reference Guides, Training and Marketing Collateral.
This position may suit you best if you are proficient with the below skills and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- Ensures that development plans, processes and activities address human factors engineering process and design requirements in order to maximize product usability and use-related safety.
- Collaborates with development teams to optimize designs in consideration of use error risk and overall usability, and participates in identification, analysis, and evaluation of use-related risk and development of risk controls.
- Expert with relevant quality regulations (21 CFR Part 820.30), human factors/usability engineering standards (IEC 62366-1, ANSI HE75, ISO 14971), and FDA guidance.
- Responsible for planning and conducting human factors analyses, summative and formative usability studies. This may involve directing others or personally executing study/protocol design, study execution, data collection and analysis, as well as writing study reports and communicating findings and recommendations to teams.
- Contributes to the design development process by participating in design review meetings, reviewing, and contributing to design inputs, risk analysis, and reviewing and testing new product performance.
- Responsible for HF assessments included in regulatory documents submitted to the FDA (or other regulatory bodies).
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to applicable standards and guidance and keeping current on new developments in human factors engineering standards, policies.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of functions including, but not limited to R&D, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory and Clinical functions.
- Apply persuasion to change the thinking of and/or gain acceptance from various stakeholders, cross-functional teams and drive decision making while maintaining an effective working relationship.
Experience and requirements for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Systems Engineering or related field with relevant or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years’ experience in medical device or related industry. Demonstrated experience in the capacity as a UX lead for new product development.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for human factors engineering projects, understanding of user centered design, heuristic evaluations, design of experiments, and statistical analysis, HFE requirements, standards. Understanding of design requirements for development, validation, and verification of medical products.
- Flexibility to accommodate and work with teams across different time zones and willing to travel up to 20%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.