Regulatory, Material, and Environmental Compliance Specialist
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Regulatory, Material, and Environmental Compliance Specialist.
This is role is well-suited to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As a Regulatory, Material, and Environmental Compliance Specialist you will have responsibility for supporting and maintaining regulatory compliance for new product development and existing products, with an emphasis on hardware/equipment/chemical regulations including CE marking, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Dangerous Goods, Packaging Directives, Prop 65, and Conflict Materials.
- Ensure Siemens Healthineers POC products are in compliance with all applicable local, national, and international environmental laws and regulations.
- Determine the Hazard Class for Finished Goods according to the Global Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemical (GHS).
- Review documentation and procedures, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on compliance related issues, and performing compliance audits.
- Developing and enacting regulatory compliance strategies.
- Support proper review and approval of device/system/component labeling and product registrations and permitting applications by obtaining and reviewing objective evidence of compliance and specify components /materials that meet RoHS/REACH.
- Coordinating regulatory compliance procedures across organizational structures.
- Monitoring compliance and facilitating interventions to manage risks, and documenting compliance-related processes/records.
- Maintain regulatory compliance through continuous monitoring of regulatory standards.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment Identify, analyze, and track new and emerging product compliance regulations.
- Develop and maintain environmental legal registers/databases
- Develop and promote sustainability initiatives.
- Work with Healthineers PREP team as Point of Care representative.
- Prepare and submit all required environmental compliance reports to the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Life Cycle Assessment/Carbon Footprint of products as necessary.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Environmental Science or a closely related engineering discipline; or equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing compliance programs.
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations and governing laws.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills implementing and complying with REACH Regulation, WEEE Directive, RoHS I/II (III) Directive, Batteries Directive, etc., for a global manufacturer
- Evidence of exceptional ability and demonstrated success managing compliance programs
- Strong understanding of EU CE marking process, North American, and APAC environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated experience supporting products through the certification process.
- Exceptional analytical, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.