At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Development Engineer-257258Job Location: United States, Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Category: SoftwareJob Description:
Siemens EDA is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our rapidly growing Capital software tools cover embedded software, networks, electrical distribution system & wire harness. They enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic and electrical products faster and more cost-effectively.
Be part of the team implementing the Cloud/SaaS strategy for Capital. Help introduce new Cloud/SaaS products, transform existing products to run efficiently on the Cloud and improve the way we work for Cloud/SaaS.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will develop exciting solutions that change the way both Mentor and their clients work.
You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation.
We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication.
We strive to produce scalable solutions, and you will need to be familiar with how software development best practices and high levels of automation help drive them.Job Duties:
- Take part in design and development of industry leading and rapidly growing solutions for electrical distribution system & wire harness.
- Be part of the core team responsible for efficiently evolving large-scale enterprise products built on Java platform to run on the cloud and be sold via SaaS business model
- Solve challenging design and technology problems while setting the example in quality and application of object oriented design principles.
- Develop, evolve and operate high-quality software solutions that deliver the required product features maximizing use of existing technologies from Siemens and beyond
- Ensure optimal extendibility, extensibility, maintainability, security, performance and scalability
- Essential Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other technical/scientific domain
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development with agile practices, quick iterations and integration of regular feedback
- Strong object oriented programming skills, including but not limited to SOLID principles & modular design
- Experience writing unit tests and applying automated testing approaches
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a global distributed team with mixed cultures Strong self organization including ability to work independently, take ownership, prioritize/multitask effectively and deliver valuable results
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including the ability to communicate complex ideas internally Desirable / Great additions
- Professional working experience with AWS, Azure or another major cloud platform Experience in automating and managing large-scale cloud systems via infrastructure as code (IaC) and security as code (SaC)
- Experience in cloud systems architecture, automation, orchestration, deployment, implementation, operation and optimization
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) Experience developing multi-tier, commercial off the shelf and/or CAD software
- Familiarity with electrical and harness domains
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.