The Siemens Smart Infrastructure division is looking for an entry-level Financial Analyst to support the Research & Development and Contract Manufacturing organizations. Reporting to the R&D Controller, this position is responsible for working with multiple departments to develop budgets, forecasts, and to provide analysis and reporting on a variety of financial topics including capital expenditures, cost center and project spend, and funded development agreements. This position is based in Norcross, Georgia.
• Take lead role in all aspects of asset controlling including creating budgets, monitoring spend, insuring proper documentation and reconciliation of completed assets, and supporting inventory control and reporting of foreign and domestic assets
• Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, and reporting to support the month-end close process
• Provide reporting, analysis, and oversight on all domestic and international funded project agreements
• Serve as financial specialist for various R&D projects as they move through the Product Lifecycle Management process
• Support the monthly reporting processes of R&D cost centers and projects
• Provide input and support for the annual budget process and the periodic bottoms-up forecasts
• Drive reporting and process improvements through digitalization/automation, focused on improving overall R&D performance
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
2. 3-5 years previous experience in Financial Reporting, Analysis, and Planning with emphasis on Cost Center and/or Project controlling
3. Experience with SAP and Hyperion - Essbase systems
4. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail & accuracy
5. Ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex financial information to various stakeholders in the R&D and BU organization
6. Highly organized with ability to self-manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
7. Proven capability to drive standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement
8. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Experience with Webfocus and Tableau
2. Experience in manufacturing or research & development
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.