Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Electrical Engineer doing mixed signal (analog/digital) development. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL. Relocation will be provided for out-of-state candidates.
Our Siemens Healthineers Molecular Imaging (MI) Electronics Research and Development team is looking for an ambitious professional who is eager to take the next step in their career. You will be leveraging your strengths and ideas to adapt and apply new technology and industry innovation to the Product Development Lifecycle to achieve best-in-class performance and customer value for our SPECT/CT scanners.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- – Generating ideas, researching solutions, developing alternative solutions, determining needs for new products, understanding and eliciting customer wishes.
- – Simulation, optimization, and decision-making to support the evaluation and selection of alternative architectures and circuit implementations.
- – Realize designs in schematics, Bill of Materials, PCB Layout, Cabling diagrams, SV/VHDL code and control firmware as needed.
- – Verify implementation meets all design constraints including: Functional, Performance, Thermal, EMI/EMC, Reliability, Hazard and FMEA.
- – Validate that the design satisfies operational, physical, and intended patient use cases through system level testing and execution of patient workflows.
- – Provide on-going engineering support for designs released to production.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
· 5+ years of digital electronic circuit design
· 3+ years of analog electronic circuit design
· 3+ years of FPGA design
· Experience with electronic CAD tools for schematic capture, and an understanding of PCB layout/packaging strategies that will safeguard signal integrity & circuit stability are required.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to peers, managers, and technical staff from various countries.
· Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audience including the clinical community, product management and other engineers is essential.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
· Ability to produce excellent results with minimal supervision.
· Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
· Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
Experience with development of FDA regulated products is a plus.
Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing / Test (DFM, DFT), reliability and derating techniques a plus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.