At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsCompany: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Engineering R&D – Pattern Matching-SISW-257351Job Location: United States, Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Category: Software
- We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work on the Calibre engineering team in the Design to Silicon business unit.
- You will be part of a team responsible for designing, developing, debugging and supporting Calibre Pattern Matching software that is part of Calibre’s DRC product family.
- You will collaborate with a senior group of software engineers contributing to final production level quality of new components and algorithms and to support existent code.
- You will report to a manager or director of engineering with responsibility for this and other product components
- Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills will flourish.
- Development responsibilities span different software tools including computation engines, application software, APIs, and utilities.
- Development of innovative algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Implementation of said algorithms in C++ and complete production to customer delivery.
- Use of editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, source code control systems.
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
- BS/MS/PhD. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Graduate degree with 0+ years of experience
- Minimal travel required
- You will need excellent programming and software engineering skills.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set personal goals and work consistently towards them in a dynamic environment will go far towards you success.
- Knowledge of C, C++ and experience with UNIX and/or LINUX platforms is preferred.
- Experience working with large existing software systems or, development of C++ libraries is highly recommended
- Experience with multithreaded and/or distributed programming is a big plus.
- Computational Geometry background desired.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.