Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Steer and align local project work with transformer headquarter (Germany). Coordinate software development activity with stakeholders from engineering, work streams, external partners etc.
· People Management - Handle the development team for application development projects, a mix of external contractors & internals. This includes handling the work contracts, resource management & internal team issues.
· Analysis of Transformer related whitepapers (Design Rules) and mapping engineering formulations to code level structures. Continuously mentoring external software partners on the topic and set up a performing team.
· Software Architect - Main programming languages: C++, .Net, FORTRAN, XML: Systems-SQL, Oracle, SOA, Cloud, CAD Development with AutoCAD and Creo Parametric.
· Develop innovative engineering and manufacturing software that fulfills customer requirements and fits in the given IT landscape.
· Plan, design and implement the software components / modules as per functional and non-functional requirements like performance, maintainability, usability.
· Define software architecture, that follows the company standards & guiding principles. Create generic modules and components that are capable for usage in multiple software programs.
· Project Admin – Responsible for Establishing & Managing cross division Product Development collaborations with internal & external partners. This includes working out service level agreements and setting up service & delivery processes.
Skills (Knowledge and Capabilities):
· Qualification: Masters/Bachelors in IT/Computer Science Engineering
· Demonstrated developmental experience at Software Architect level in C#, Client -Server, Service Based Architecture. Exposure to n-layer Architecture models.
· Experience in web development (Web API) MVC, ASP.Net.
· Experience in Win32 development using WinForms & WPF.
· Deep knowledge of Oracle & SQL Databases.
· Basic knowledge of cloud topics and web API.
· Customizing Open-Source Frameworks i.e., CSLA & Entity Frameworks to development needs.
· Legacy conversion of programs and tools to .Net platform i.e., Fortran to .Net, Delphi & handling unmanaged interfaces.
· Experienced in software development and coding in various languages (C#, VB.Net, C++, and FORTRAN, Delphi).
· CAD customization using Autodesk technologies i.e., AutoCAD & AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop.
· Knowledge of the Transformers and Steam Turbines domain.
· Standard solution components - expertise with common protocol, Stacks, XML etc.
· Knowledge of software and application design and architecture (Design Patters & Frameworks).
· Knowledge of test automation and test-driven design patterns
· Experience in Agile software development.
This role is based in Vadodara . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time