We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported safely and comfortably while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
The Second Shift Production Supervisor is an entry-level management position. This position will support the GA400 Alpharetta operation and report to the Manufacturing Manager. The Second Shift Production Supervisor monitors and manages the Production team, consisting of 12 to 15 production technicians, to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. Shift hours are from 5:30 PM to 4:00 AM Monday through Thursday.
The Second Shift Production Supervisor communicates expectations and provides direction, training, and feedback to employees. He/she works closely with cross-functional areas to support production. Further focus on this role is dedicated to developing and empowering employees and continuously improving processes.
• Conduct meetings with respective team members. Discuss the status of production operations. Inform team about safety issues, employee policies, & quality issues.
• Organize, monitor, and control the assembly area regarding assigning employees, working procedures, material, processes, and tools, so safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met.
• Provide support to technicians by coordinating answers to technical and quality questions. Coordinate actions with support functions to resolve issues.
• Monitor key performance indicators for work centers, document deviations, and their effects. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid problems.
• Participate in Gemba meetings, Quality Gemba, 6S audits, Quality Arena, and Safety Meetings.
• Plan, assign and assist in the training and development of employees. Track progress by updating the skills matrix and development plans OJT.
• Organize, lead, and execute improvement projects and activities.
• Coordinate work practice and policy development, safety, ISO, and policy administration.
• Monitor employee performance. Prepare for and conduct mid-year and end of year performance evaluations.
• Approve timesheets, PTO, and run payroll summary.
• Monitor Production Management activities and perform transactions for conforming and closing production orders and other movements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA degree in a related discipline OR a HS Diploma with three years relevant experience in Production or Supply Chain Logistics.
• Typically up to 3 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successfully demonstrating Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented in the job profile.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications in an Operations setting.
• English Language – Candidate must have professional written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills to communicate and interact effectively as a leader for the facility and assigned production area
• Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)– Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Computers – Knowledge of computer software applications (SAP, MS Office [Word, Excel, Access], MS Outlook, Minitab) and hardware.
• Machines and Tools— Knowledge of machines, power tools, and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Lean Manufacturing – Advanced knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
• Management– Advanced knowledge of management techniques for effectively coordinating available resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Leadership– Knowledge of leadership techniques for motivating and engaging a team to achieve a vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised groups. Understand and apply supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• Must possess strong digital literacy with self-directed learning of other applications - including all office applications and prefer experience using SAP
• Successful candidates are expected to pursue and achieve the Siemens Performance Systems Expert Certification and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification in a reasonable timeframe. These certifications require specific knowledge on the topics and experience in the role before accreditation is granted.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Access to Online Courses, L
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.