Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What is this Opportunity?
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is looking for a dynamic, successful sales professional who is not afraid of embracing new technology to deliver results for their customers. As Account Executive Building Automation Sales, you will leverage your IT savvy knowledge and immediately grasp the benefits of the rapid development of connectivity and digital buildings and translate this to your customers. You will position Siemens as the customer’s energy partner to reduce energy environmental impact and operations expenditures while improving business and organizational performance. Are you driven to succeed? With our NO CAP COMMISSION STRUCTURE, this will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
Territory – Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Southwestern Ontario (SWO)
What will you do?
- With the support of the Sales Manager you will prospect for and acquire new building technology, building control, energy management and other Siemens offerings, focusing on assigned accounts, contractors and consultants.
- Work with customers to establish service-related goals and establish focused, value-added service contracts.
- Develop sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations as required.
- Own and prepare reports for: sales activity, forecasts, and expense tracking.
- Collaborate with operations, finance, legal and other internal and external resources as needed to obtain and close sales.
- Develop a sustainable, healthy and active pipeline to achieve assigned booking and gross margin targets.
- Follow through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion, participate in sales to operations turnover and monitor progress.
- Increase the revenue and profitability of your customer base by increasing product holding, service contracts and customer acquisitions.
- Support your customer’s transition to digital buildings by developing technology plans and data strategies.
- Manage complex accounts with multiple stakeholders and business needs. Develop account strategies for your key accounts and vertical markets.
- Continually pursue in-depth product and service knowledge thereby acquiring deeper selling technical and financial skills.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in engineering, business or other related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and related practical experience or technical field experience related to Building Automation.
- 5-10 years’ demonstrated successful sales experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact with all levels of a customer’s organization including C-Suite level.
- Working knowledge of Strategic Selling Models and Large Account Management techniques.
- Strong time management skills and inner motivation are keys to this position.
- Must be willing and available to travel within assigned territory, and US for training without restrictions.
- Must possess a valid, clean Driver’s license in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle program.
- Asset: Business Development experience; Experience of smart buildings, Internet of Things, digitalization, “smart” devices, networks and data management will be a strong asset.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.