At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Cloud Portfolio Development Executive
In recent years, Siemens has transformed itself into a company that is oriented around digital transformation. At Siemens Digital Industries Software, Mendix – the industry-leading low-code multi-experience platform (https://www.mendix.com/) and MindSphere® - the leading industrial IoT as a service solution (https://siemens.mindsphere.io/) are critical to help our customers achieve digital transformation. These are cloud native capabilities, built using modern micro-services based architecture patterns and leverage containers to provide our customers flexible deployment options either in a SaaS mode or in their Private Cloud.
In addition, the Mendix platform will drive deep integration across the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio and enables anyone in the ecosystem, to easily build, integrate and extend their existing data and systems to find new ways to leverage that data to deliver value to customers and partners.
Using advanced analytics and AI, MindSphere powers IoT solutions from the edge to the cloud with data from connected products, plants and systems to optimize operations, create better quality products and deploy new business models.
The Cloud Solutions Portfolio Development Executive (PDE) will be responsible for developing and executing the Americas go to market strategy for Mendix and MindSphere in the Medical Device and Semiconductor industries
As part of the America’s Zone Sales organization, the PDE must drive the pipeline creation and sales of assigned product domains by targeting accounts and industries where the products have a fit. The PDE must work closely with the Medical Device and Electronics Industry PDE’s, Cloud Sales Specialists, account teams, internal and external partners to support the industry strategy.
To achieve success, a PDE will be responsible for and take on ownership of Cloud Solution campaigns, leveraging and collaborating with cross functional teams to maximize software opportunities. As a trusted partner with direct and indirect sales teams, this role will be at least 50% customer facing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deﬁne business needs, develop value propositions and contribute to the generation of compelling proposals
- Own the industry business plan supported by data/research
- Build a strategy and roadmap interacting with Senior Executives including C-Suite.
- Develop and articulate Trends-Implications-Possibilities-Solutions, create presentations, and deliver a demo through AVI
- Clearly articulate “why Siemens?” in non-technical terms (then if required, at a more technical level)
- Deﬁne campaign/initiative success with Medical Device and Semiconductor Sales Leaders.
- Work with industry pre-sales strategy leads to enrich the Go To Market Digital Thread message with IIoT and low code content to differentiate Siemens
- Develop business justiﬁcation, sales execution plan and revenue goals
- Complete understanding of campaign/initiative value proposition and presentation materials
- Leverage Sales plays and Drive campaign execution with Industry, Marketing and Sales
- Deliver sales enablement training as required
- Deliver campaign and initiative materials to prospects and customers as required
- Manage execution plan and report weekly progress
- Support closing process if required
Prerequisites and Essential Functions
- Must have at least 10 years of sales, business development or presales experience and strong, proven grasp of technology/solutions
- Understanding of PLM and industrial software.
- Familiarity with cloud architectures that utilize micro-services technology, container orchestration, service mesh and event driven architectural concepts.
- Documented experience of owning and managing discovery phase with clients
- Ability to articulate end to end Digitalization message to the customer and ability to map in Siemens technology to the customer requirements and vision.
- Demonstrated capability to be the trusted advisor for the client within new or existing customers at various organizational levels
- Proven written and presentation development skills required, with strong skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint and Tableau
- Experience aligning with mid/upper level management and technical users
- Collaborate and drive results with diverse teams across multiple internal and external organizations
- Experience with selling or working in the Medical Device industry.
- Approximately 50% travel
- *BA/BS degree required.
- Multi solution and multi industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Semiconductor industry is a plus
- MBA Preferred
- Experience working with clients in IoT/IIoT and Industry 4.0 based solutions is a plus
- Experience with Cloud native technologies and SaaS sales motions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.