Siemens Digital Industry – Process Automation is
searching for a highly motivated Account Manager with a passion for customer
engagement and sales growth. The ideal location for this position is the Baton
Rouge, Louisiana, or surrounding area – responsible for the greater Louisiana,
Mississippi, and East Texas territory. The Account Manager will be responsible for driving
growth of Process Automation sales revenue and market share in the assigned region.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is a global company leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.
The role is an individual contributor role and does not have any direct
The Account Manager will be expected to build strong relationships with end customers and channel partners based on trust and mutual respect. Successful candidate will be responsible for managing existing process automation account relationships, prospect and develop new accounts, work with existing integrators and channel partners, define opportunities, and manage opportunities to closure. In addition, the Account Manager will regularly collaborate with other Siemens sales groups to provide solutions to our customers and increase our market share.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow the DCS (PCS 7) business YoY sales in product, solutions, and service
- Foster long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solutions partners, and channel partners
- Build and maintain a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
- Engage business unit technical and industry experts to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product Management, and other groups to enhance strategic and tactical product and service positioning
- Professionally escalate and expedite customer issues
- Prepare presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
- Leverage customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information
- Travel requirements up to 30% of the time as required to support customers and channel partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of sales or related experience
- Ability to self-motivate and manage time
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Excellent presentation skills to all levels of the business
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Ability to influence those outside your reporting structure
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering preferred or related technical field
- Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus
- Large project pursuit, complex sales process, and technology conversion experience is a plus
- Prior experience in Process and/or Industrial Automation
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.