Siemens Industry is looking for an Electrical Engineer for their Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. This person will have a key role in the growth of the engineering department and overall facility. Our facility is growing and looking to add a talented electrical engineer to expand our capabilities. This person will review specifications, create wiring schematics, bills of materials and equipment layouts for power distribution equipment. The role will report to the engineering manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory utilizes lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Review customer technical specifications and verify the Siemens solution meets the customer requirements.
- Work independently and/or with a team to create required customer documentation, typically including electrical schematics, bills of materials, and equipment layouts.
- Utilize an electrical CAD software package to create electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Drive the improvement in current electrical design and wiring practices within the facility.
- Provide factory support during the manufacture of your projects.
- Position requires the ability to successfully interact with application engineering, R&D, sales, customer, and manufacturing production personnel.
- Assist in training other engineers and employees as required.
What you will need:
1. BS degree in Electrical Engineering
2. 3-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced production engineering environment
3. Experience creating electrical schematics
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills
5. Strong work ethic with a focus on exceeding customer expectations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
1. Experience with Switchgear/Switchboard products and PLC’s.
2. Working knowledge of AutoCAD
3. Working knowledge of electrical schematic tools like Engineering Base or Promise E.
4. Experience with Visual Basic programming or other similar languages
5. Experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
6. Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement
7. Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
- Extensive training along with career development
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.