If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Siemens Mobility Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) is a pioneer in designing, manufacturing as well as integrating complex RF-based sensing, localization, and communication solutions for the mobility domain. As R&D Competence Center we generate added value for our customers and make a sustainable contribution to their success.
Join us as PhD Candidate (f/m/d) Embedded Systems Engineering. In your new role you will help us to drive the future of assisted, automated, and autonomous driving – both in automotive as well as railway applications.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for specifying, designing, implementing, commissioning, and testing embedded systems on
- Microcontrollers and/or DSPs
- Embedded Linux systems
- In addition, you will contribute to the development and integration of IoT solutions.
- With your knowledge you support the execution of R&D as well as customer projects.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering, computer engineering or similar.
- You are experienced in embedded systems hardware design and ideally with high frequency systems.
- Furthermore, you have a good understanding of C and C++.
- Knowledge of modern OS coding techniques, IP protocols and hardware interface are requisite.
- You have good communications as well as writing and documentation skill.
- You are fluent in English, German skills are a plus.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Martin Spandel.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Part-time