Smart Infrastructure is growing! We are currently looking for an experienced
Sales Estimator to support our Building Automation Sales Group located in
Birmingham, Alabama. The primary responsibility of the Sales Estimator is to complete
sales estimates for the sales team including project take-offs, specification
interpretation and associated activities.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work, and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations
- Collects information from other functions, vendors, sub contractors to complete sales quotations as needed
- Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for building automation systems: solutions and services
- Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales
- Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities
- May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs to develop deeper customer and project understanding
- Completes research activities on Dodge On-Line and informs sales team(s) to promote understanding of project scopes, phases and timing
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order
- Completes all record keeping administrative entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Initiates new CRM opportunities for jobs involved with and keeps all information updated and current. Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
* Supports Lunch & Learn activities with engineers.
* Associate’s Degree in Engineering desired, but will consider candidates with equivalent education and experience (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement)
* Prior experience or knowledge related to Building Automation systems, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry such as electrical.
* Knowledge of mechanical systems.
* Strong understanding of various HVAC systems and fundamentals
* Knowledge of control systems
* Ability to interpret mechanical plans, specs, and wiring diagrams
* Estimating experience
* Strong Excel skills
* Experience with Word and other Microsoft products
* Desirable to have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
* Proven history of process improvement preferred
* AutoCAD skills preferred
* Identifying facility improvement measures
* Describing and quantifying measure process and savings
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.