Technical Product Manager
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
If you could be an architect or a senior developer, but you find your heart truly lies in defining the right product, come join the software team at Siemens as a technical product manager. Whether you want to work on some of the world's largest Industrial IOT systems, leverage cutting edge AWS technologies, streamline content delivery to end-users globally, build an awesome user experience, or solve some of the hardest problems on Earth, you will love working at Siemens. Come join our startup culture and participate first hand in designing the next generation of computing.
Work with cross-functional teams to develop products, business processes and online commercialization of cloud applications. Help our teams thrive by drawing a line between our business objectives and requirements and our technical plan. Develop best practices leveraged across Siemens business segments for cloud development and deployment.
Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems. You will work with product and technical leaders to refine our technical direction. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers. Provide problem resolution and technical leadership for the group. Self-directed work on highly complex projects with latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
- Work with multiple stakeholders including product management, the CSO, etc. to help develop the technical plan
- Ensure all technical requirements are captured including compliance, security, availability, and scalability concerns
- Work with product management to ensure that work is sequenced based on technical dependencies as well as business priorities
- Help clarify various options for the direction of the product as it relates to technical viability alongside the development team
- Make sure all participants understand what is being built, why it is being built, and how we will build it
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development of cloud native solutions
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues to stay connected to technology
- Understand technical tradeoffs and opportunity costs to make quick decisions to support your team
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift quickly
AWS / Azure Experience
- Proficiency (one or more years) in designing, developing and deploying cloud based solution using AWS or Azure
- Understanding of core AWS/Azure services, uses, and basic architecture best practices
It is highly desirable that the candidate possess one or more of the following:
Cloud development experience
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS
- Selecting appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on AWS
- Implementing cost control strategies
Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.