The currently opportunity is for a Field Service Engineer to join our team based in Perth, WA. Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the Service Engineer will be required to carry out all day to day field service, principally with our clients in WA & Interstate.
The key responsibilities in this role are activities relating to commissioning, breakdown repair, maintenance and/or installation, upgrades and updates for Siemens LDA Products and Automation Systems (PCS7) and PLC products (S7). In addition, this role is also responsible for:
• Providing timely completion of service reports
• Ensuring customer data base correctly maintained and up to date
• Complying with all OH&S policies and service escalation procedures, customer contractual obligations and quality standards
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Maintaining personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures
• Ensuring that all tools and test equipment issued to the job holder are properly maintained
• Providing office based technical support to customers when requested
• Supporting the Sales team in generating leads for predefined service offers and contributing to planning activities
• Support to Siemens Project Team on occasions where required
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need to possess the following:
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or an Electrical License with relevant experience and a minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in the Industrial Automation Industry and hold a current Drivers Licence
• Proven experience in Large Variable Speed Drives and Automation systems
• Experience in commissioning and maintenance Variable Speed Drives, Siemens S7 and PCS7 Automation Systems
• Ability and willingness for frequent travel locally, nationally and overseas where required including remote sites
• Willingness to be “on call” for customer telephone support and breakdown site attendance according to the Departmental Service schedule roster
• Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Proven ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Siemens LDA business is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. Our extensive product range includes large variable drives, industrial automation and control systems, manufacturing execution systems, safety systems, industrial instrumentation and communication solutions and intelligent motor control solutions.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time