Siemens EDA (former Mentor Graphics) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.Position Overview
The Application Engineer is a customer-facing position that helps drive Siemens EDA analog/mixed-signal circuit simulation technologies into customers’ design and verification flows. This position combines technical depth in circuit simulation and applications knowledge (e.g., transceivers, RFIC, high-speed I/O, and signal conditioning), as well as solid communication skills, previous organization management experience including leading technical sales teams, and strong team building skills.
You'll balance multiple customer engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. Working with Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This could include account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, ultimately resulting in revenue. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations.
Sales and support responsibilities include assessing customer technical requirements, conducting product demonstrations, running evaluations, and driving product adoption.
The position will ideally be based in Sweden, but we are open to the following - Finland, Denmark, Germany, Benelux The successful candidate must be able to travel (at least 25%) to cover multiple accounts!Responsibilities
As an Application Engineer for AMS, you work with account teams to drive adoption of Siemens EDA AMS software. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation.
- Illustrate the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of our Analog Mixed Signal family of software.
- Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Analog Mixed Signal products.
- Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
- Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team.
- Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
- Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
- Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- Analog or mixed-signal design engineering experience
- Broad understanding of Analog Design methodologies and flows
- Proven ability to map simulator capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Experience with IC schematic and layout tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Pyxis® or Cadence® Virtuoso®
- Experience with analog simulators such as Spectre, HSPICE, Mentor Graphics® Eldo & AFS and mixed-signal circuit simulation tools, such as Mentor Graphics® Questa ADMS™, Cadence® AMS Designer®
- Working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
We are looking for candidates who have a proven ability to build and handle all types of relationships. Excellent communications skills, both spoken and written, does this sound like you? Then please apply.We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Scandinavia) AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time