Within the newly formed eMobility and Future Grid business, Siemens is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Delivery Project Manager. Delivery management represents a key facet of the Siemens overall solution and growth plan for eMobility within the corporate strategy of Vision 2020+. The role will be responsible for coordinating across 7 internal and external manufacturing facilities to ensure proper delivery of end solutions for customers.
The role will report directly to the head of Delivery and Partnership – North America and will have responsibility for On-Time Delivery of product to our customers. Major responsibilities include leading efforts with-in e-mobility to insure customer requirements are understood; and delivery requirements are met. The role will be the interface between the customer and engineering during development; and customer and factory for delivery. This includes configuration control, supply chain & process establishment, capacity assessment and implementation; with the end goal to insure manufacturing readiness and sustainability for commercial DC Charge stations and Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE). In addition, the project manager will work with the procurement organization to establish standard costs for each product. Key factors for a successful candidate will include the ability to achieve 94% on-time delivery to customers, meet customer’s quality expectation and maintain product’s standard costs. The role covers all of North America and will be based in Denver, Atlanta, or Raleigh. Travel is expected to vary between 25-50%
- Assessment of “value add” requirements for customs/commercial classification, and insure required localized make up of various products
- Ensure localized factory (Internal/external) capabilities to produce product
- New Product Introduction
- Manage design localization resources and efforts
- Manage design reviews with customer
- Transition from Eng to Supplier production
- Interface between R&D and manufacturing partners
- Ensure @ scale capital and production planning to support ramp in
- Development of RMA processes in conjunction with customer support
- Manage sustaining engineering requirement for mature projects
- Drive cost reduction activities to insure competitive edge
- On-time delivery target is met
- Lead efforts to enhance interoperability with customer vehicle
- Customers interface with R&D to deliver product solutions to post QPM280
- Supplier base for all eMobility businesses
- Forecast accuracy to support on-time delivery to internal factories
- Manage order growth
- Consolidation analysis to support economies of scale
- Core competence analysis and best fit selection
- External partners
- Internal factories
- Investments internally or externally to support growth
- Customer advocate with-in eMobility to insure:
- Configurations requirements are met / customer spec sign-off
- On-time delivery target is met
- Bachelors Degree in engineering from an accredited 4 year university. (Advanced degree in engineering a strong plus)
- 5+ years of direct project management experience in manufacturing / Logistics working with captive or contract manufacturing.
- Experience in renewable marketplace (solar, storage, eMobility) is a plus
- Prior experience in supporting of new manufacturing sites and ability to develop suppliers
- Very strong project management skills
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.