At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industry Software is looking for a Senior Solution Architect, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Genova, Turin or Milan.
He/she will be involved in the Design, Validation and Support of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) solutions based on Siemens software products. He/she will be one of main actors for the success of our Projects, delivering value to our Customers operating in Discrete Manufacturing industries. You will be working on different projects with customers around EMEA region.
MES Solutions play an important role in our vision of Industry 4.0, they are a relevant component of Siemens Manufacturing Operation Management proposal for the digital factory, based on a product portfolio leveraging continuous innovation.
The Solution Architect will be part of an EMEA community providing premium services in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, made by cross-country teams.
What will you manage in the short term?
- Understand the purpose of the project, its contract type, the key deliverables and the engagement model;
- Work with the Customer to analyse and specify the requirements;
- Design the solutionbased on Siemens MES products;
- Contribute to the validationand the support of the solution;
- Contribute to estimate work-package breakdown, schedule, capability and quantity of resources required for a successful implementation of the project plan;
- Work closely with project management to ensure architectural alignment with project goals and delivery progressin line with the project plan;
- Participate pro-actively to the creation and development of a team working environment;
- Capture and share lessons learnt.
And what about the medium-long term?
- You will have the opportunity to grow into an assignment as the technical lead of a project;
- You will have the opportunity to grow your industry expertise and become a reference person for specific industries.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- At least 6 years’ with technical experience in MES projects;
- At least 2 years’ experience as Solution Architect;
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively in English (Italian is preferred);
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Proficiency with standard MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.;
- Availability to travel in EMEA region for 50% of the time.
Preferred experience and skills
- Preferably bachelor’s degree/master’s degree;
- Knowledge of electronics or medical devices industries;
- Good Knowledge of production processes in Discrete or Process Manufacturing Industries;
- Knowledge of Siemens Opcenter Core (previously named Camstar)
What can we further offer?
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee continuous training;
- Flexible Welfare programs;
- Health insurance;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software S.r.l.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time