Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Join a team that is passionate about promoting smart building software solutions designed to create perfect places that are productive, comfortable, and safe. The marketing manager reports to the Building Products Marketing Director. This role will manage both strategic and tactical marketing for digital building software solutions used for building management and security. This is an opportunity to be creative in promoting our story and value around smart buildings; healthy and productive workplaces and energy efficiency and deploying product marketing programs and sales support tools in a compelling way to make an impact. We are looking for great talent who will ensure our offers are presented in a clear and compelling manner with an outcomes focus. Your audience includes specifying engineers, systems integrators, contractors and building owners/managers.
- Own the message -- understand the product portfolio strategy and apply marketing best practices to promote customer adoption.
- Work with product managers and sales teams to understand smart building technology and the customer journey to help create messaging and tools needed to drive demand in the market and support our sales teams.
- A storyteller who can clearly communicate the positive outcomes that result from our smart building management software solutions.
- Lead development and maintenance of materials including website, videos, presentations; literature, infographics, etc. working with agencies and designers.
- Execute compelling integrated marketing campaigns aligned to strategic initiatives.
- Understand channel sales processes and distinct needs of each channel to develop targeted sales materials and channel enablement support.
- Create sales enablement tools: presentations, winning guides, application briefs, etc.
- Ensure sales teams have the marketing knowledge and information at the right point in time in the sales cycle.
- Develop key messaging for events and trade shows.
- Monitor the market and identify creative opportunities to effectively position Siemens versus the competition.
- Support ad hoc programs as identified by the business to achieve customer-specific or product-specific objectives.
- Work with corporate marketing team to align on strategy and execute locally.
- 5+ years B2B product marketing experience required
- Software, building automation or technical marketing experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven experience developing comprehensive marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Marketing literature/video production experience
- Familiarity with digital marketing best practices
- Hands-on driver with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Builds productive working relationships internally and externally
- 10% Travel
- Buffalo Grove location, no relocation assistance
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Relevant experience or possess an aptitude for software and cloud technologies and ability to translate engineering content into real benefits
- Smart building experience/knowledge a plus
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.