Technology driven, problem solvers
Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
- Primarily Security Installations and Programming.
- Performing routine service and maintenance on security systems.
- Required to participate in the 24hr on-call rotation; includes Northern Alberta Region and Saskatchewan when applicable.
- Complete reports, red-lines, as-builts information so design can complete record documents.
- Participate in the Installation to Service handovers on assigned projects.
- Represent the company at the customer sites in a professional manner at all times
- Update the site database to keep records current. Backup and restore systems.
- Perform installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting activities on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, etc.
- Test and verify system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Make recommendations for improvement or system change.
- Work closely with other teams to maintain customer satisfaction and quality assurance procedures.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum College Education in Electronics
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in service and maintenance of Security Systems
- Valid credentials in C-Cure and Genetec Systems an asset.
- Proven diagnostic skills – able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems under minimal or no supervision.
- Strong technical knowledge of troubleshooting activities on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV
- Knowledge of IP Networks, C-Cure systems and MS-Office 365.
- Customer focused and good customer relationship building and management skills.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure.
- Good understanding of Building and Fire codes.
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- CSTS, Fall Arrest and Aerial Platform Training certificates required.
- Preferred - Experience with Siemens Fire Alarm systems.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.