Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Biochemist 2
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 2, you will be responsible for:
- You will provide support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments such as preparing buffer.
- You will participate in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
- You will obtain, correlate, and analyze technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks.
- You will provide support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
- You will participate in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- You will assist with laboratory and equipment maintenance as well as laboratory safety.
- You will assist with ordering chemicals and supplies.
- You will write reports on a monthly basis, oral presentations on a bi-weekly and quarterly basis. You will take part at the knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You, as the candidate, should have a good grasp of knowledge and principles of immunoassays and development process.
- You should have strong experience in developing in-vitro diagnostic assays.
- You should have broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and statistical analysis and design of experiments.
- You should be able to provide demonstrated ability to communicate clearly technical information both verbally and in writing.
- You must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan. This position involves handling potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- MS/MA or a BS with minimum of 4+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays is preferred but not required
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.