Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
The Data Engineering Lead will drive the development and implementation of data solutions on the Rail Enterprise Asset Management System (REAMS). He is responsible to design and develop the overall data architecture to be deploy on REAMS
- Leading and developing a team of Data Engineers.
- Design, Development and Operationalization of Data Architecture
- Design, oversight and management of the implementation of the Data Architecture
- Preparation, integration and analysis of huge structured and un-structured data
- Design and development of scalable end-to-end data pipelines for batch and stream processing
- Drive the interaction with customers and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and identify data required (data assessment)
- Close collaboration with internal stakeholders (data scientist, business intelligence team etc.) to create insights and requirement of data
- Track progress, monitor and manage any impediments, risks, issues, and changes
- Management of external stakeholder expectations and requirements
- Identify key weaknesses in current data engineering process and spearhead process improvements
- Cultivate talent; build strong morale; motivate and inspire the team to want to exceed expectations
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a relevant lead role.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience may also be accepted for the position
- Extensively worked on production grade peta byte scale distributed data platforms
- Strong experience in solving production issues related to data loading, data quality and data governance.
- Hands-on expertise in schema design for complex data models and dimensions.
- Strong Experience in Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Presto and Spark
- Strong Experience in SQL- and No SQL-databases
- Strong working knowledge in Programming languages like Scala, Python, Java, SQL
- Experience to tools & Infrastructure such as Jenkins, GITHUB, Eclipse
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated organizational, project and program management planning skills
- Experience working with software quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time