We spend up to 90 percent of our lives in buildings, and we believe that everything people do in life deserves a flawless place to do it. In a world where our fundamental health, safety and wellbeing expectations have been deeply impacted with the anxiety of a new virus, buildings should offer a haven. Ideally, a perfect place to learn. A flawless place to grow. A perfect place to prosper.
While it’s true that today’s buildings should be efficient, reliable and safe – these characteristics alone don’t enable businesses and empower people the way a true smart building can.
How do you craft the future Smart Buildings? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, the hardworking individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job. Join our Chennai team to make difference!
What are my Job Responsibilities?
- You will be Responsible for end-to-end creation, development, coordination, execution, publishing, and ongoing updating of a range of technical documents.
- You need to Share technical documentation needs with the Product Documentation Specialist to document and track all deliverables and writing needs of all product teams
- You need to Ensure consistency and thoroughness in all written material to ensure execution excellence.
- You have to work with Works with technical writing team members to proofread and edit documentation prior to release.
- You need to Review, and updates technical documentation created on a routine basis.
- You need to Maintain extensive product knowledge through ongoing discussions with all product teams, participation in demos, training videos, etc.
- Experience in managing a team of technical writers.
- You should be able to mentor, coordinate, and guide writers to follow the guidelines and standards set for developing a document.
- You should have Confirmed working knowledge on tools such as Snagit, Adobe products, MS-Word and CCMS.
What do I need to be Eligible for this Role?
- You must have English Literature/BE / B. Tech with 7-8 years of hands-on experience in Technical writing
- You should have experience in creating modular documentation using CCMS tool.
- Understanding of newest technologies in technical communication will be an added advantage.
- You have to Align with internal teams to acquire understanding of the product and develop high-quality documentation based on end user perspective
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is primarily based at Chennai. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time