Siemens Healthcare Limited – Commercial Lawyer Vacancy
Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for a Commercial Lawyer between 1 to 5 years PQE to join the legal team based at Siemens’ UK head office in Frimley, Surrey (which has good train links to London).
This role has flexibility for home working, with 2 days per week in the office..
You will have a good background in commercial contracts. The ideal candidate will be from private practice looking to make their first move in house (however, we will also consider in-house candidates). Previous experience of contracts in healthcare projects and/or outsourcing would be helpful but is not a pre-requisite as we are primarily looking for an enthusiastic lawyer with a can-do attitude, with commercial contracts experience who enjoys working as part of a team.
This opportunity will provide an astute commercial lawyer with a broad role to challenge their business acumen, whilst working for a leading global brand in a supportive and collaborative environment. The legal team will provide active support and a positive environment for you to learn and develop as a lawyer.
You will support a diverse and significant business and your workload is likely to be varied, and will include: drafting and negotiating outsourcing agreements, supply contracts, distribution agreements, head of terms and advising on procurement, competition topics and a working knowledge of data protection. Additionally, experience in company secretarial work and knowledge and experience of corporate work such as share and asset sale agreements is useful but not a pre-requisite for this role.
At full strength, the Healthcare legal team will comprise (including this role) five lawyers (including the General Counsel, lead lawyer, senior commercial lawyer, commercial lawyer, and this commercial lawyer role).
- Demonstrating a willingness to develop an in-depth understanding of the business undertaken by Siemens Healthineers and the key drivers of all stakeholders in bid submissions and contracts.
- Analysing and commenting on invitations to tenders and reviewing a wide range of commercial agreements and inputting into the corporate risk management process.
- Advising on high value and complex outsourcing contracts.
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a range of commercial agreements, including framework agreements, supply of goods and services agreements and back-to-back supplier agreements.
Skills & Experience:
- English qualified commercial lawyer with 1 to 5 years post qualification experience in commercial contracts.
- Previous experience of contracts in the Healthcare Sector or outsourcing experience would be helpful but is not a pre-requisite.
- Good knowledge and understanding of English law, including contract law and corporate law, and the practical aspects of contract negotiation.
- Strong communication skills; a highly motivated team player; analytical, professional, and proactive.
- Being a team player.
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with all levels of the organisation, as a business partner.
- Excellent academic record.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse
workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage
applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss
flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time