Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a PreSales Consultant to support our Siemens and distributor sales teams in the USA. The consultant will support the PD PA DCP organization to supply holistic localization solutions in the industry and thus provide expert consultative support on technical topics toward driving growth of our RTLS business. It is the goal of the PreSales consultant to integrate new and current products of the RTLS portfolio into localization concepts of end customers (various industries) and to replace competitor products. In collaboration with Sales Specialists this role will support identification, nurturing and closing of opportunities.
This position will report to the Head of the RTLS business in the USA and work closely with the Sales Specialists and Project Engineer.
This position may be based in any major US city.
- Provide consultative PreSales support to sales team, channel partners, systems integrators, OEMs, and customers (“technical advice”) relative to RTLS products and services.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Siemens RTLS products and associated solutions.
- Assist customers in the early design stages through application analysis, site surveys, developing RTLS system architectures and proof of concepts as well as recommendation of products suitable for proposed solution, etc.
- Intensive consulting of applications in the environment of RTLS and for the integration into PC and SIMATIC environment.
- Development of specific solutions for applications in the target markets of DI PA DCP as well as demonstrating new approaches to enter new markets and applications.
- Develop and conduct in-person technical training, product update sessions or hands-on workshops for Customers, Distributors, Siemens Sales and Solution Partners.
- Grow Siemens RTLS champions throughout the partner community in the US by providing latest and pertinent technical information.
- Develop ideas and design RTLS demo systems for use at customer presentations, trade shows and training workshops.
- Support RTLS Sales Specialists and Product Marketing Manager in customer facing events, presentations and business development efforts.
- Develop and maintain “tribal knowledge” documentation and application notes for the benefit of customers and partners.
- Develop content for white papers and technical presentations.
- Collaborate with Siemens RTLS PreSales technical team in Germany to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Offer RTLS product improvement suggestions to Sale Specialist based on field experience and competitor intelligence.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Education: BS in engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Technical knowledge in areas like radio technology, IT or automation engineering as well as database knowledge.
- Knowledge about the processes in industrial manufacturing and logistics.
- Understanding of localization technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above required. This position will also consider 8+ years of years of experience at a higher level hiring.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven.
- Outward focused, customer oriented.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with sales and customers (interpersonal relationships).
- Anticipated travel: 60%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth understanding of RTLS technology for Industrial Applications.
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RTLS.
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices- Integrators, OEMs, End Users.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.