We are currently looking for an intern to work 3-6 months within our Design and Simulation Systems Research Group in Princeton, New Jersey!
During the internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research and be part of a world class team. Your responsibilities will be:
- Perform innovative research and development for physically accurate light simulation through participating media
- Design, implement, and test ray-tracing based solutions and integrate them into real-world product environments
- Analyze and present technical approaches and results
- Collaborate with the team on challenging and ground-breaking projects
- Create technical reports, patents, and journal publications
We are looking for PhD or Master students in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience in modeling and simulating light propagation through participating media (e.g. fog, dust, smoke, inclement weather, clouds, etc.)
- Experience with latest rendering techniques using real-time ray tracing
- Proficiency in C++ and familiarity with common graphics frameworks
- Experience with Simcenter Prescan software preferred
- Experience with high performance computing preferred
- Publications and research experiences in related fields
- Outstanding communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Capability for quick prototyping
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our work powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in a global ecosystem focused on innovation, partnering with our businesses, government agencies, and leading academic institutions on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, and are not afraid to take risks in pursuit of technological innovation. A strong learning culture empowers employees at Siemens Technology to own their growth and development.
We know that diversity fuels innovation and drives business success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, where diversity of thought, culture, and experience is seen as our greatest strength. This is what brings our best ideas to life.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work every day, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best!
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.